Saturday, February 28, 2009

Update


The Australian Cricket team is currently doing a fantastic job over in South Africa. To be honest, I really thought we would be worse than we were in Australia, but I'm very happy to report they have proved me wrong.
Disappointing that Phil Hughes didn't do as well as hoped on debut, scoring a duck. But what a contrast to the other debutant, Marcus North, who scored a well deserved ton. Also, very pleasing efforts from Mitchell Johnson. I don't think it's time to call him an all rounder just yet, but I think he has proved himself to be a senior player of the team in a very short time and some one the team can rely on.

Also just want to mention the amazing trial games Jarryd Hayne has had. I think playing for FIJI in the World Cup and working with Daniel Anderson has certainly helped him, scoring two tries in both trial games! I really hope that his switch to five-eight can be smooth and can help the Eels to the Premiership! Sad to see that Reni and Paul Gallen are both injured and could miss the start of the season. I hope they both have speedy recoveries.

No comments: